Waxon Detailing Forum
Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: Traders Corner (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Meguiars (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched (/showthread.php?tid=1500)

Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Woodie - 17-02-2011 09:37 AM

Great news everyone - the DA Microfiber System is now available for distributor order, meaning end users will be able to have the system in their hands very soon now!

There has been a lot of speculation as to just what this system fully entails, and this post will answer all those questions. We want to thank you all for your patience while we put the finishing touches on this system - a system which, we should tell you, is designed specifically for factory applied paint.

So without further ado..................

[Image: header.gif]

The DA Microfiber Correction System is comprised of the following:

2 Liquid Components

DA Microfiber Correction Compound - D300
No swirls - guaranteed (keep in mind we're talking about the fact that this system will not leave buffer swirls like a rotary usually does during compounding)
Super-micro abrasive technology (SMAT) quickly removes moderate defects with a high gloss
No mess, no sling, low dusting for superior clean up
Rich concentrated formula delivers lower cost per car
16 ounce - (D30016)
32 ounce - (D30032)
1 gallon - (D30001)

DA Microfiber Finishing Wax - D301
One-pass fast, dust free wipe off
Rich blend of polymers, silicones & carnauba for high gloss protection
Specially formulated to optimize surface after applying DA Microfiber Correction Compound
Designed for use with DA Microfiber Finishing Disc
16 ounce - (D30116)
32 ounce - (D30132)
1 gallon - (D30101)
You'll be interested to know that the 16 ounce bottles are not the typical ketchup type bottle any more. We are introducing a bottle with a self cleaning spout - no more little red cap to lose, no more product clogging up the tip; pull to open, push to close and self clean.

[Image: f_wax_family.gif]

2 Disc Components
Cutting Disc - New microfiber disc technology cuts through moderate surface defects with no swirls - guaranteed
Cutting disc optimized for use with DA Correction Compound D300
Finishing Disc - New microfiber disc technology refines surface to a high gloss finish
Finishing disc optimized for use with DA Finishing Wax D301
Engineered foam interface for optimal cutting efficiency and controlled conformability
Machine washable
Sizes, pricing, part numbers:
DA Microfiber Cutting Disc
3.37" diameter - 2-pack (DMC3)
5.5" diameter - 2-pack (DMC5) or 12-pack (DMC5B)
6.25" diameter - 2-pack (DMC6) or 12-pack (DMC6B)
DA Microfiber Finishing Disc
3.37" diameter - 2-pack (DMF3)
5.5" diameter - 2-pack (DMF5) or 12-pack (DMF5B)
6.25" diameter -2-pack (DMF6) or 12-pack (DMF6B)

[Image: cutting_disc.gif]

Further, it is highly recommended that our backing plates be used, primarily due to the micro-hook attachment system. While a longer, more traditional hook & loop attachment system will hold the pads in place, this mismatch will cause operating temperature on the disc to increase noticeably.

[Image: backing_plates.gif]

This variety of pad sizes makes the DA Microfiber Correction System compatible with a wide range of popular tools:
DMC3/DMF3 pads: Mini air tools, Metabo SXE400
DMC5/DMF5 pads: DA buffers such as Meguiar's G110v2, G110, G100, Porter Cable 7424, 7336, 7424XP, Griot's Garage 6"
DMC6/DMF6 pads: Pneumatic DA buffers, Flex 3401, Festool, etc
In addition to these tools, our S6BP and S3BP hand pads work great with these pads for hand application of compound or wax.

Again, this post is intended as an introduction to the components available in this system. A "how-to" write up is available by visiting here.

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - STaX - 17-02-2011 11:05 AM

I like the looks of that.

What was it like to work with Woodie and any idea of local pricing and stockists?

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Carn - 17-02-2011 12:29 PM

Looks like a competent piece of kit. As Stax asked, what has your experience with the system been like?

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Woodie - 17-02-2011 01:40 PM

(17-02-2011 11:05 AM)STaX Wrote:  What was it like to work with Woodie and any idea of local pricing and stockists?

Local pricing must still be confirmed and it will be sold via the local Meguiars distributors. As it forms part of the Detailer line, I do not expect it to be on the shelves of the likes of Makro and BW. I'm sure once it's available locally Carn will be able to provide you with stock.

(17-02-2011 12:29 PM)Carn Wrote:  Looks like a competent piece of kit. As Stax asked, what has your experience with the system been like?

There is a bit of a learning curve involved compared to normal foam pads. The first big difference is working at lower speeds, then getting used to using such a flat, thin pad. What I enjoy is that the process is virtually dustless and the long working time of the product. It cuts really nicely, and in most cases I have been able to finish off LSP ready. IN some cases there is slight hazing or marring, but this is quickly sorted out with the finishing product.

I used the finishing product to refine, but not as the LSP, as it is not as durable as the likes of NXT or Ultimate Wax. I would still recommend using your normal preferred LSP.

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Lambchop - 17-02-2011 03:24 PM

This is pretty interesting
Whats the Idea behind the MF pads though ?

Durability, faster cutting, cheaper price ?

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Woodie - 18-02-2011 07:01 AM

(17-02-2011 03:24 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Whats the Idea behind the MF pads though ?

Rule of thumb would put MF above foam in the aggressiveness stakes. This is true when working by hand and my experience with this kit has shown it translates to machine polishing as well. The MF pad together with the compound provides the enthusiast with more power to up their detailing game without compromising on the relative safety of DA machine use.

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Lambchop - 18-02-2011 11:52 AM

(18-02-2011 07:01 AM)Woodie Wrote:  
(17-02-2011 03:24 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Whats the Idea behind the MF pads though ?

Rule of thumb would put MF above foam in the aggressiveness stakes. This is true when working by hand and my experience with this kit has shown it translates to machine polishing as well. The MF pad together with the compound provides the enthusiast with more power to up their detailing game without compromising on the relative safety of DA machine use.

Thanks Woodie

I vote MF as product of 2011 Bluebiggrin
Quite a versitile product if you ask me

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Carn - 18-02-2011 05:56 PM

(18-02-2011 07:01 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Rule of thumb would put MF above foam in the aggressiveness stakes. This is true when working by hand and my experience with this kit has shown it translates to machine polishing as well. The MF pad together with the compound provides the enthusiast with more power to up their detailing game without compromising on the relative safety of DA machine use.

Has anyone done side by side tests between this system and a traditional setup (foam pad + rotary) on the same paint? I am interested to see how they compare.

I would hazzard a guess (having not used the kit) that the MF cutting system via DA would still not quite reach the levels of cut afforded by a foam pad on a rotary. If it did it would essentially mean that, heat issues aside, a rotary with foam pad would be removing less paint (ie be safer to use) than this system via DA.

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - TOGWT - 19-02-2011 01:33 PM

Used with M105 with it cut rating of 12/10 it doesn’t the abrasive ability of foam pad so a microfiber pad with 0/10 abrasive ability fits this need, plus it should produce a no-marring finish

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - onyx - 21-02-2011 12:25 PM

(18-02-2011 05:56 PM)Carn Wrote:  
(18-02-2011 07:01 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Rule of thumb would put MF above foam in the aggressiveness stakes. This is true when working by hand and my experience with this kit has shown it translates to machine polishing as well. The MF pad together with the compound provides the enthusiast with more power to up their detailing game without compromising on the relative safety of DA machine use.

Has anyone done side by side tests between this system and a traditional setup (foam pad + rotary) on the same paint? I am interested to see how they compare.

I would hazzard a guess (having not used the kit) that the MF cutting system via DA would still not quite reach the levels of cut afforded by a foam pad on a rotary. If it did it would essentially mean that, heat issues aside, a rotary with foam pad would be removing less paint (ie be safer to use) than this system via DA.

+1

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - onyx - 21-02-2011 04:19 PM

Review pimp'd off DW

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Wayno - 22-02-2011 12:33 PM

Sounds interesting,keen to hear the costing when its available!!! Clap

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - onyx - 09-09-2011 10:44 AM

Been researching this system and dead keen on trying it...
Any idea when us local boys will have access to it?

Or do i need to import? Iono

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Sankekur - 14-11-2011 08:57 PM

Is this available locally yet??

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - onyx - 15-11-2011 11:13 AM

(14-11-2011 08:57 PM)Sankekur Wrote:  Is this available locally yet??

Yip...
Contact the Megs office to enquire

RE: Meguiars DA Microfiber System officially launched - Sankekur - 15-11-2011 02:42 PM

(15-11-2011 11:13 AM)onyx Wrote:  
(14-11-2011 08:57 PM)Sankekur Wrote:  Is this available locally yet??

Yip...
Contact the Megs office to enquire

Do you have information on pricing? I will be detailing allot of cars the coming holiday and this seems like a faster way to some quite good paint correction.