Waxon Detailing Forum
Detail day feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Detail day feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=1058)

Detail day feedback thread - Carn - 15-03-2010 08:33 PM

As the topic suggests, I would like some feedback on the day from those who attended. Positives, negatives, things you liked, things you disliked, suggestions for next time, etc, etc. Don't be shy or reserved in your comments, I want as much feedback as possible to ensure that each future event outshines the previous one Thumb

I would like to make the following points...

Plus points:

Good turnout on the day was a welcome relief after the initial lack of interest in the online thread.

Good weather and great venue.

Great special offers on CG product on the day

Enthusiastic attendees

Minus points:

I had my hands full with guys collecting product for a large portion of the day, thus missing out on some of the demo's as well as opportunities to mingle with the members. In future I think product collections should be done either 1st thing in the morning, during lunch or afterwards.

Lack of formal 'game plan' for the day. With the event being a little rushed there was no set schedule for the day. Future events will have a more set schedule allowing time for everyone to see what they came for.

No advertised special offers for the day. I suspect had many of the guys known there was going to be a good sale on products on the day, many of you would have brought more pocket money Bluebiggrin

Other than the above I feel the day ran smoothly and it appeared as if everyone had a good time and walked away having learnt something Thumb

Thanks again to everyone who made this event possible, I look forward to seeing you all at the next one Clap

RE: Detail day feedback thread - Woodie - 16-03-2010 07:38 AM

Once again a big thank you to you and the team from Last Touch for organising and hosting the day.

I agree with the points that you have raised, and would probably highlight the lack of a formal schedule as the biggest minus. Without this there is a tendency for the day to meander a bit leading to issues such as random product collections and disjointed activities.

I also think that there is an onus on all of us to provide input on what it is that we want further information, tips or training on, so that the schedule can be properly constructed before the event.

RE: Detail day feedback thread - dood786 - 16-03-2010 04:34 PM

i agree with both your comments regarding a schedule so that we can ensure we get to do full reviews on any products striking our fancies at the time

RE: Detail day feedback thread - onyx - 16-03-2010 05:42 PM

I unfortunately only spent and hour or so with the crew.... however, i do think an itinerary/plan for the day is a definite must

RE: Detail day feedback thread - Lambchop - 16-03-2010 08:13 PM

Good : Venue
Amount of people attending
Good Demo on ONR - Thanks Siya !!

Bad: Lack of schedule
No advertising of products AKA The specials
Not many product demos from a CG perspective

BUT .... I was well impressed non the less !!! and a big up to everybody who came and of course the hosts and organizing committee Bluebiggrin

RE: Detail day feedback thread - Kido - 17-03-2010 07:27 AM

I have to agree with all that an itinery for the day would have been a plus.
We should have had a vehicle subject ... I know Rory was keen on his car been the subject for the day. But I think because all was such a rush as Dave mentioned I guess we didn't think it would happen cause most of us saw the post way too late.