Waxon Detailing Forum
My Intro - Printable Version

+- Waxon Detailing Forum (http://www.waxon.co.za)
+-- Forum: General & Galleries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: New Member Intro's (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: My Intro (/showthread.php?tid=1011)

My Intro - PaulVW - 04-02-2010 10:14 PM

Greetings everone,

I am new to this forum and very new the passion / hobby of detailing.
I basically started investigating detailing methods during my first ever total respray project (a rally car) where I found various paint defects (orange peel etc.) and was too lazy to respray the car for a second time Rofl

Anyway, since then I have been a keen follower of the detailing threads (especially by Carn) on the VWClub forum. I have attempted a few smaller details on my GTI, and as it goes I ended up purcahsing more tools and more products with time...Bluebiggrin

This past December I did my first two "bigger" jobs on some family owned vehicles (Details here: Part 1 and Part 2)

I am still learning as I go along and will appreciate any feedback or comments.

I must say, this is one hobby where the amount of information / experiences shared is amazing and the quality with which work is documented is second to none.

Anyway, I am sure I will be learning a lot of new things here!

Cheers,
Paul [Rally1]

RE: My Intro - calypso - 04-02-2010 10:35 PM

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you posting more of your work in the near future.

RE: My Intro - dood786 - 04-02-2010 11:57 PM

Hey paul, welcome and enjoy your stay, hope all is well

RE: My Intro - Carn - 05-02-2010 06:11 AM

Hi Paul and welcome to Waxon Wavey

I think you will find plenty of detailing info on here to keep you busy for some time Bluebiggrin

I look forward to seeing some of your work and recommend you take part in our new Tri-monthly Detailing Competition Clap

RE: My Intro - Woodie - 05-02-2010 07:04 AM

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Some impressive work in the two details which you've linked to. I really appreciate the attention to detail that you put in on the Merc.

As Dave said, an entry into the detailing competition would be good.

RE: My Intro - onyx - 05-02-2010 09:12 AM

Welcome Paul
Impressive work buddy Thumbsup2

RE: My Intro - PaulVW - 08-02-2010 07:57 AM

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the kind words of welcome and comments on my first detail. I really appreciate it!

When I do further details this month I will definitely try to take more pics in order to enter the competition. I just need to improve on my photographic skillsBluebiggrin

Cheers,
Paul

RE: My Intro - Lambchop - 08-02-2010 12:53 PM

Welcome Paul Bluebiggrin

To be honest i think your Merc Detail deserves the win !!! Your work is fantastic !!
Keep it up !!!!

RE: My Intro - TheWusman - 08-02-2010 07:14 PM

Hi Paul and welcome dude.

In short, your detail of the Merc has left me speechless.

You have worked some serious magic on that car. I love it. I'd buy it. What a classic restored to its former glory.

Well done !

In fact, that detail should win the first competition hands down. No need for anyone else to even try. Wow.

Job fcuking well done Bluebiggrin

@Dave - where's my last touch brother ? I'm running low on Rinseless wash stocks Bluebiggrin

RE: My Intro - Carn - 08-02-2010 07:43 PM

Excellent work indeed...The rest of you lot better be wary when entering the comp Rofl

(08-02-2010 07:14 PM)TheWusman Wrote:  @Dave - where's my last touch brother ? I'm running low on Rinseless wash stocks Bluebiggrin

I've got your & Nick's stuff....Just need to get out your side of the world Bluebiggrin

RE: My Intro - springbok - 08-02-2010 10:21 PM

Great work, well done.

I assume this will automatically be entered in the comp. It certainly should!!

RE: My Intro - PaulVW - 09-02-2010 07:06 AM

WOW Shy

Thanks again for the welcome and possitive feedback guys!

It is great to hear that you guys (who are the Pro's) approve of my work.Bluebiggrin

If required, I will copy the original posts from the VW Forum and post here as well. Please let me know if I must do this.

@TheWusman,
It is actually crazy what those old Merc's go for. I was looking at their market values while I did that detail. You can pick up a decent (1989-1991 - 230E/300E) for less than R30k and make it look like new again. You can then have a true classic car with excellent features and a very comfy ride for less than a 1988 Citi Golf! Thinking

RE: My Intro - Lambchop - 09-02-2010 04:48 PM

(09-02-2010 07:06 AM)PaulVW Wrote:  WOW Shy

Thanks again for the welcome and possitive feedback guys!

It is great to hear that you guys (who are the Pro's) approve of my work.Bluebiggrin

If required, I will copy the original posts from the VW Forum and post here as well. Please let me know if I must do this.

@TheWusman,
It is actually crazy what those old Merc's go for. I was looking at their market values while I did that detail. You can pick up a decent (1989-1991 - 230E/300E) for less than R30k and make it look like new again. You can then have a true classic car with excellent features and a very comfy ride for less than a 1988 Citi Golf! Thinking

Saw a old 430 SEC this afternoon now thats a cool car !!!
9/10 they have sheep skin seat covers so the leather is brand new !!!

RE: My Intro - Carn - 09-02-2010 06:43 PM

(09-02-2010 04:48 PM)Lambchop Wrote:  Saw a old 430 SEC this afternoon now thats a cool car !!!
9/10 they have sheep skin seat covers so the leather is brand new !!!

560 SEC or GF A

Bluebiggrin

RE: My Intro - Rich - 10-02-2010 08:38 AM

Welcome to forum! I followed your links to the VW forum. Great work! I see you drive a 5, well if you check in the "off-topic" section on this forum you'll see what we doing to 3 x brand new 6's Bluebiggrin

RE: My Intro - calypso - 10-02-2010 07:06 PM

Sorry to thread jack but thats been a while you had the 6's. Any updates?